Monday, August 15, 2005

Into the breech: let's discuss the Law


Prep for this Sunday's exploration of the Law as it pertains to the Church: Have a look here at the West Wing's comment on the Law. What's credible about Bartlett's portrayal? What's conveniently left out of his tirade that might undercut his case? We'll try to nail down how the Church ought to regard the Law--Law as the instructions God gives us. And we'll also try to make sense of all the different kinds of laws--some as odd as they are old to us--we find in the Old Testament: which laws are no longer binding on the Church and how can we, if at all , discern the difference.

1 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Fork said...

There are times when I want to defenestrate my computer. Now was one of those times. Then I remembered how much it cost and I supressed the urge.

I suspect the real-life Dr. Laura, a devout Jew, would have had SOME sort of response to all those verses Mr. Sheen was spouting out. I find it interesting how people just LOVE to attack her--especially when you consider what she stands for.

So...should Christians eat bacon?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home